article by Julia on March 6, 2011
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of root ginger
- 6 button mushrooms
- 1 block smoked tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small bag of cashew nuts (3 to 4oz is a good amount for 6 people)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms for an additional minute, stirring occasionally.
Add the tofu, broccoli, nuts and soy sauce and cook for about 2 minutes, not much more. The broccoli just needs to change colour to a dark green before taking the pan off the heat.
Finally mix in the sesame oil and stir in.
Serve with brown rice for a healthy, delicious meal.